WE’VE GROWN!!! It’s an ENTIRE BEACH invasion at a larger location: HUNTINGTON BEACH, CA!
Parking: PARKING at BOLSA CHICA STATE BEACH is $15. You may wish to car pool. To enter into BOLSA CHICA STATE BEACH go in the main gate on PCH and drive furthest EAST to the very last parking lot. The race is staged in view of that famous Jack In the Box on the corner of Warner and PCH. If you prefer to not pay parking, there is a parking lot where the SuperMex and the gas station are located on the corner of Warner and PCH. You can walk in to the race staging area from there.WHEN: Saturday, June 24, 2017 – 8:00 a.m. 5K Pirate’s Run.
Youth: Discount for KIDS’s: 21 and under: $30. $35.00 Walk ups on June 24th and 25th. This is a family, festive event.
ENJOY the PIRATE’s FESTIVAL at Long Beach following the RUN. CLICK HERE.
Every runner will get a Private themed event T-Shirt & an eye patch (while supply lasts)with their registration.
Families can bring strollers, bikes, and tricycles, but agree to use at own risk. Kids must have pads and helmets and will be lined up in the stroller, bicycle start section.Volunteers: If you aren’t going to run or walk, but want to have fun and help the event, we need you on race day! Registration aides, Marshals, and general help is needed. High School students can get volunteer hours for attending and helping out. Please contact us here.
or call 909.213.4407 or 949.945.3715 Mon-Fri 10 A.M. – 5:00 P.M.
6:00 am Vendors arrive and set up.
Volunteers arrive and check in
6:30 am Registration OPENS
Tshirts are given with bibs at registration.
Eye patches to PRE REG only
7:30 Pre race warm up by Sgt MATT & TRISH
from the THE 12 in Costa Mesa.
Experience fun fitness/ music and a funny DJ.
7:50 Race Ceremonies and National Anthem.
8:00 Group 1 Fastest 5-7 min miles
8:02 Group 2 8-9 min miles
8:04 Group 3 9-11 min miles
8:06 Group 4 joggers/ fast walkers
8:08 Group 5 walkers / on a leash
8:10 Group 6strollers and things that roll
8:15 Lead RUNNER in view.
Dj’s inviting everyone back. Band playing
8:15 to 9:30- returning through chutes!
Medals issued at finish. refreshments
9:15 awards ceremony for age division winners
10am DUSK Pirate’s Festival OPENS IN LONG BEACH.
- One: Plan on a pre race warm up party. Be at the starting line by 7:30am race morning
- Two: You may have one person pick up other’s bibs and shirts at packet pick up. The waivers have been accepted electronically.
- Three: You CAN pick your bib and tshirt up race morning. Though come early and expect lines. And you CAN register new entrants race morning. Come early and expect lines!
- Four: Random bottles of rum winners MUST be OVER 21 and will receive gift certificates. NO open alcohol containers allowed on the beach. The RUM garden is located at the SEA LEGS CAFE right on the beach/East end of our lot 25. and opens at 10am provided.
- Five: Be courteous to the public runners and cyclists that use the Long Beach bike and running path.
- Six: We are starting in waves. Pick which one fits you and we will coral you accordingly. The race is chipped timed so your time starts when you cross the start mats. You MUST stand behind the start in the expo area beginning at 7:45am. (before 7:45 am you may take pictures under the arch or any time after you finish, but once the first wave leaves at 8am you cannot be near the mats until your group time. 7:45 Race Assembly. The entire event will kick off with a pirate’s themed warm up provided by the top notch personal trainers at THE 12. (fitness gym gone DJ. It’s about the music, the movement. www.the12.com)You have a CHIP ON YOUR BIB. DO NOT stand near the front of the start arch until choral for your wave after 7:45am. If you must walk by the start arch after 7:45 , go around through the sand at this point..
Starts: 8:00am Group 1: fastest group (5-7 min milers)]
8:02am Group 2 still fast 8-9 min milers
8:04 Group 3- 10-13 Min milers,
8:06 Group 4: joggers, fast walkers
8:08 Group 5 walkers/things on a leash
8:10 Group 6 strollers, wagons, things that roll